1. The sign on the Express Lane says 15 ITEMS OR LESS, in large friendly letters.
2. This means that if you have more than 15 items, you get go to to one of the regular lanes. I don't care of the lady there has a cart overflowing with a month's worth of groceries.
3. You CAN use the Express Lane if the cashier motions you in or it's the only lane open.
4. As you load your 24 items onto the belt with a speed that would make a slug look like an Olympic sprinter, you DO NOT get to wave other people to the lane behind the lady with a month's worth of groceries.
5. For the record, if I had more than 15 items, I would have gone into the line behind the lady with the month's worth of groceries.
6. I had exactly 15 items. I counted. Twice.
7. Three identical items does not equal a single item, particularly when you place them all on the belt. And doubly so when you still had over 15 items when the identical items were counted as single items.
8. Did you not take math in school, or are you just an entitled jerk?
9. I suspect the latter, because you waved a guy with two items off to stand behind the lady with a month's worth of groceries.
10. I am not ragging on the lady with the overflowing cart of groceries. She was following the rules.
11. You were not.
12. The store was kind enough to open another line and the two of us that should have been in the Express Lane got out ahead of you.
13. That's your reward.
14. I hope the checker made you take all of your items down and put them back in your cart and made you go stand behind the lady with the overflowing cart.
15. I wish I had the ovaries to tell you in person what I thought, but it wasn't worth making a scene over. I'll just rant here.